Congratulations on your new kitten! We can’t wait to meet the newest addition to your family.
We look forward to being introduced to them. Our veterinarians and health team members are eager to assist you with getting your kitten started on their journey to a healthy life.
It is important to have your new kitten examined by a veterinarian to make sure they are healthy. Our veterinarians will make sure they receive a good healthy start through vaccinations, parasite protection and nutrition.
What to expect on your kitten’s initial visit:
- Comprehensive physical exam
- Intestinal parasite screening
- Intestinal parasite worming
- Development of a vaccination program based on your kitten’s lifestyle
- Necessary vaccines or vaccine boosters
- Heartworm preventative recommendations
- Recommendations for flea and tick prevention
- Behavior and housetraining recommendations
- Nutritional counseling
- Pet insurance recommendations
For your first kitten visit, we request that you bring the following:
- Your kitten in a cat carrier
- All paperwork pertaining to the previous care of your kitten including all previous immunizations, deworming, medications and any veterinary records you may have
- Any questions you may have regarding your kitten’s health or behavior
- A fresh stool sample (less than 12 hours old)